Beverly Equestrian's excellent training facilities allow riders the pleasure of riding in a large and well-lit 100 x 200 foot indoor arena, against the backdrop of the scenic countryside of The Plains, Virginia. The safely-enclosed arena features state-of-the-art dust-free footing. Adjacent to the indoor arena is a comfortable lounge, where parents and guests are invited to watch riders via a full-length window, allowing for optimal viewing of the activities within the indoor arena.
Wakefield Equestrian Sports Program
Beverly is proud to be the home of the Wakefield Equestrian Sports Team, a team comprised of middle and upper school students who compete in the Interscholastic Equestrian Association. Started in the 2013-14 academic year, WESP has become a robust and competitive program, advancing to regional finals in only its second year of existance. For more information on the program, visit Wakefield School's webpage, or email Beverly.
Private Lesson Pricing
Private 45-minute lessons on safe and trained school horses are $150 or $300 for a package of three lessons. There are discounts for Wakefield families. When signing up for lessons, please chose your riding experience from the list below. Please also let us know if your rider is 5'10" or taller or 165 lb or greater.
Beginner: a rider who has never handled or ridden a horse, or a rider who has had minimal horse handling and horseback riding experience.
Beginner Advanced: a rider who has moderate horse handling and horseback riding experienced. Rider knows basics of how to lead a horse on the ground, groom, tack up a horse, ride the posting trot, maintain steering and control of the horse, may or may not know how to canter.
Advanced: a rider who knows how to handle a horse on the ground, groom and tack unassisted, ride a horse at the walk, trot (rising and sitting), canter, and may have jumped cavalettis or cross rails, a jump course, or may have fox hunted.
Riding Program Schedule and Drop Off Requirements:
To ensure the safety of riders and the efficiently of the riding program, riders must be dropped off and picked up promptly at the start and completion of the riding program. Parents or guardians are not allowed to deposit minor children (under the age of 18 years old) without a Beverly Equestrian riding program staff member present. All parents or guests who ride must sign a waiver prior to mounting.
Riding program participants are required to wear the following, to participate in the riding program:
• Long pants (jeans or riding pants preferable, no shorts)
• Hard-soled shoes or boots with a minimum one-inch heel. No sneakers or flat-soled, open-toed shoes allowed. (For safety reasons, riders without required footwear will not be permitted to ride, or handle horses during the program.)
• An ASTM/SEI-certified riding helmet (helmets may be purchased at local saddlery, such as Tri-County Feeds, Dover Saddler, or Saddlery Liquidators). Bike helmets are not permitted, as they do not provide the protection required when horseback riding.
Additional enrollment information:
• Contact Beverly Equestrian at 540-253-5021 for questions about the riding programs, and registration.
• Pay online www.BeverlyEquestrian.com, or by check, payable to Beverly Equestrian LLC.